From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Revision as of 12:59, 28 April 2010 by Birdie
- Libraries Matter - Check out their inspiring success stories and their successful wristband sales program.
- Save Libraries - We are looking for contributors to the site. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Subscribe to the site: http://savelibraries.org * Show your support with a Twibbon on Twitter and Facebook: http://twibbon.com/join/Save- Libraries * Join our Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/SaveLibraries * Help us collect testimonials by emailing them to us or tagging them with “savelibraries.”
Together we can make a difference. Together we can come up with a solution. Together we can save libraries!
- Check out IN MY BOOK ®, a unique combination of greeting card and bookmark in one. For resale by FOL groups, at booksales, at the library shop or at the circulation desk, these bookmark/cards make a great little fundraiser, and offer a bit of a change from all those tee-shirts, mugs and bookbags! Buy wholesale for $2.00 per card, sell them for $3.95, and enjoy the profits. Please visit : our libraries and FOLs page.
Here's another nice fundraising idea... Light up roses!
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- Funding by WebJunction
- Friends of Libraries USA IS NOW KNOW AS ALTAFF */ ALTAFF and includes trustees and foundation members as well as friends of the library.
- Check in daily for the very latest in library news with LISNews. Come by, read an article, add your comments, write a blog, or submit an article. LISNews needs YOU!
- LISWire provides constantly updated information via press releases of interest to libraries and librarians.
- Librant Grants BlogVisit the library grants blog to find out about all types of grant opportunities available for your library! Maintained by two librarians, Stephanie Gerding and Pam MacKellar.
- MHLS Fundraising Resources Page (includes in-depth section on Friends Groups) Mid-Hudson Library System.
Specific Blog Posts/Articles/Books to Check Out
- Public Libraries monthly column: Bringing in the Money (ALL Public Libraries issues from Jan/Feb 2003 through Nov/Dec 2008 reside as freely available full-text PDF files on this page). -- The Bringing in the Money column first appeared in the March/April 2005 issue with a reprint of a 2004 article by John Pepper/Minnesota Library Association. Stephanie Gerding started off the column in the May/June 2005 issue, and her final byline appeared in the March/April 2007 issue. Lee Price took over the column with the May/June 2007 issue.
- Grants for Libraries: A How-To-Do-It Manual and CD-ROM for Librarians Neal-Schuman Publishers. 2006.
- Gerding, S. (Feb. 2003). Small Library, Big Fundraising: Community Support Is Way Above Par. Computers in Libraries, 23(2), 14.