From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Vendors/Products We Should Know About
If you would like to recommend a vendor/product, please sign your name to the recommendation so that we know it's not from a vendor. An explanation of why you like this vendor/product would be great too!
- Juniper Networks SSL VPNs Enables seamless remote access to electronic, web based resources. No user or resource tables to maintain. Clustering ability enables redundancy, scalablilty. Walkthrough w/ screenshots: J. Murrey Atkins Library, UNC Charlotte
- EZProxy by Useful Utilities - An excellent product with truly superior customer support --Ppival 13:53, 11 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- RedLightGreen -- Book search with citation storage and local library hooks.
Blogs/Websites to Watch
Specific Blog Posts/Articles to Check Out
- OCLC Pilots Traditional Libraries into Web Services by Barbara Quint, InfoToday NewsBreaks, July 5, 2005. Discusses a series of pilot projects (eSerials, reference services, and book sales) that "will expand OCLC’s Open WorldCat project into a full-featured, Web-integrated library service."
- Opening up OpenURLs with Autodiscovery by Daniel Chudnov, Richard Cameron, Jeremy Frumkin, Ross Singer and Raymond Yee, in Ariadne, April 2005.