Killing NetFlix Dead
From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Revision as of 16:11, 20 March 2008 by Pproefrock
Kill Netflix Dead
- Holds and wishlists
- Patrons being able to control (throttle) the number of items on the hold list being delivered
- An ideal would be to let the patron set the number of items they have at any time (like limiting to three DVDs at a time) to avoid the problem of getting it then having to return it before you can watch it.
- Software development seems to be the chokepoint for this; even the biggest public library systems are just one other customer for the software developers
- Should the library buy more copies to meet initial demand, and then sell the extras? (Demand also follows the long tail curve)
- Zoom lends - patron resistance to the two-tier mode of service
- Does this model even matter? Will direct digital downloads supplant and replace the libraries in this?