Podcasts & Teens
From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Revision as of 15:21, 1 August 2008 by JustinTheLibrarian
A brief history of podcasting to teens, in addition to an explanation of podcasting could go here.
A list of podcasts created through partnership with public libraries and teens.
- Bluford branch of the Kansas City Public Library - the TLC podcast is created by teens at the Bluford Branch of the Kansas City Public Library. The teens share discussion, news, and opinions about issues, passions, and personal interests. We also feature book talks and local teen talent. TLC stands for Teen Library Club.
- Cheshire Public Library- a monthly podcast featuring teen writers, musicians, reviewers, commentators, and more
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Teens- a podcast created by the TAC
- Hennepin County Library - podcast book reviews.
- Lansing Public Library- audio book reviews, research instruction podcast.
- Lindenhurst Memorial Library- podcast of teen musical numbers.
- Lindenhurst Memorial Library- podcast teen poetry readings and stories.
- Manchester Public Library- book reviews and news podcasts.
- Memorial Hall Library- podcast of the teen poetry contest.
- New York Public Library (not a true podcast since it doesn't have a feed)
- Thomas Ford Memorial Library- podcast of books reviewed by teens.
- Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County - podcasts created by teens with random questions. We're also experimenting with audioblogger to record author podcasts and teen podcasts over the phone.
- Cape May County Library- Book, movie, and music reviews as well information about upcoming teen events. Check the right side of this page for a Podcast archive.
- Blogs for Teens - library blogs for teen patrons.
- Flickr for library Teens - A list of Flickr spaces for library teens.
- MySpace & Teens - a list of library MySpace profiles oriented towards teen patrons.
- RSS & Teens - a list of libraries using RSS feeds to deliver digital content to teens.
- Vodcasts for Teens - a list of vodcasts used within teen library environments.