Services for the Poor and Homeless
Tips for Providing Quality Services for the Poor and Homeless
Perhaps having a physical survey they can fill out and, if needed, can be intered by a staff memeber or volunteer nto the online platform.
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- Hunger, Homelessness & Poverty Task Force includes resouces on library services to poor people
- ALA's Library Services for the Poor Policy (link corrected February 18, 2009)
Specific Blog Posts/Articles to Check Out
- Library Services to Day Laborers: Relevant sources for folks interested in learning more about day laborers and in crafting library services for them
- Library Service Planning for Socially Excluded : Resource for library staff to begin working collaboratively with socially excluded communities to articulate and respond to their service wants and needs. The Community-Led Toolkit introduces staff to community-led service planning.
- Guidelines for Library Services to Spanish-Speaking Library Use. Necessary resource for everything from outreach to intercultural understanding to personnell recruitment.