Services in a Multi-lingual Environment
From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Tips for Providing Quality Services
- PLUS: Public Libraries Using Spanish is a large resource bank offering library signs & bookmarks in Spanish, prototype forms and user brochures, various flavors of language help, and a collection of adaptable, anti-copyright articles & publicity materials.
- In NSW the Working Group on Multicultural Library Services has been very successful with their promotional campaign, featuring billboards, signs on buses, postcards etc. in community languages.
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- Services to Spanish Speakers in WebJunction
- Services to Immigrants in WebJunction
- Services to Tribal & First Nation Communities in WebJunction
- The National Network of Libraries of Medicine "Multilingual Health Information" website provides a webliography of resources that provide patient education materials in numerous languages. http://nnlm.gov/train/chi/multi.html