From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Revision as of 15:51, 3 November 2006 by Kevindixon
- Memphis Public Library & Information Center - Word: When a Customer Asks. . .
- Cedar Rapids Public Library - Staff training on public databases*
- The Scoop E-Newsletter for Youth Services, a staff development tool
- Blog, Wiki, Aggregator Training for the Memphis Area Library Council (link to blog post article).
Tips for Training Library Staff
Blogs/Websites to Watch
- Memphis Public Library & Information Center - Staff Development Lists the trainings we offer for our staff. Some training titles are links to the actual training documents.
- Memphis Public Library & Information Center - Technical Trainer Blog
- Antioch New England Graduate School Library Training Wiki for Front Desk Staff.
Specific Blog Posts/Articles to Check Out
- Lister, Pauline & Hill, Dorothy "What's Next?:job enhancement through a shadowing up program" (2005)
- MLA (UK) ICT Training Report: "Competencies & capabilities: new paradigms for workforce development in the 21st Century Library" (2004)
- MLA (UK) Workforce Development Strategy: "Learning for change: workforce development strategy (Summary)" (2004)
- Cultivating Tech-Savvy Library Staff An Internet Librarian 2006 presentation with links