From Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
Revision as of 17:15, 11 October 2006 by Wedwards
Examples and Information
(all MediaWiki powered unless otherwise noted)
- University of Calgary
- ALA Chicago 2005 Wiki
- LISWiki: Library and Information Science Wiki
- Stevens County Wiki Project A community wiki site for rural Stevens County in northeaster Washington, hosted by the Stevens County Rural Library District
- University of Winnipeg Library and Information Services
- Library Instruction Wiki
- Butler University Libraries' Reference Wiki (seedwiki)
- The University of Connecticut Libraries' Staff Wiki
- Biz Wiki at Ohio University
- Fontys Mediatheek Wiki (Dutch)
- MLA Memphis 2006 Wiki (PmWiki)
- USC Aiken Gregg-Graniteville Library web site (PmWiki)
- Library Outreach Wiki
- Library Technology Training Wiki This wiki contains documents, resources and instructions how to make wikis using PBWiki and how to create online surveys using SurveyMonkey. (PBwiki) by Cindy Boeke
- Environmental Scan Environmental scan analyzing trends and issues affecting the library profession in general, and federal libraries in particular. (PBwiki) by Cindy Boeke and others
Specific Blog Posts, Articles, and Presentations on Collaborative Tools
- Social Machines by Wade Roush in Technology Review August 2005
- Wide Open Spaces: Wikis, Ready or Not by Brian Lamb. Featured in Educause Review, Sept/Oct 2004.
- Quickiwiki, Swiki, Twiki, Zwiki and the Plone Wars Wiki as a PIM and Collaborative Content Tool by David Mattison. Featured in Searcher in April, 2003.
- Making the Case for a Wiki by Emma Tonkin. Featured in Ariadne in January, 2005.
- Teaching and Learning Online with Wikis by Naomi Augar, Ruth Raitman and Wanlei Zhou.
- ALA Wiki: What I learned and what I’m doing with it by Meredith Farkas, July 2005
- Meredith's OPAL Talk on Wikis
- Step by step guide to making your first wiki using PBwiki (PDF version) by Cindy Boeke. PPT version: Step by step guide to making your first wiki using PBwiki (Click on the link).
- Sandbox Wikibibliography